Satisfying a hungry crowd is easy with these oven-baked morsels. The bite-size, coated chicken pieces are served with a can't-miss sauce that combines apricot preserves and mustard. —Michelle Krzmarczick, Redondo Beach, California
- 1 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Pour 1/2 cup buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Place flour in another resealable plastic bag. In a third bag, combine the cornflakes, onion powder, garlic salt, salt, oregano and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and remaining buttermilk.
- Drain chicken; add to flour and shake to coat. Coat with egg mixture, then add to cornflake mixture and shake to coat. Arrange chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chicken Bites with Apricot Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p111
Reviews for Chicken Bites with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review