Chicken Bisque Recipe
When the weather starts turning cooler, we like to sit down to dinner with this colorful rich bisque. Add hot rolls and a salad, and you have a hearty meal.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add to boiling soup, stirring constantly until smooth. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC