Chicken Bisque Recipe
When the weather starts turning cooler, we like to sit down to dinner with this colorful rich bisque. Add hot rolls and a salad, and you have a hearty meal.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add to boiling soup, stirring constantly until smooth. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Chicken Bisque
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2013
"So good and really easy. Hubby and son loved it."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC