Chicken Biscuit Stew Recipe
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, salt, pepper, ground cumin and ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the carrots, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, water and wine or broth until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in yogurt, peas and seasonings. Transfer to a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; keep warm.
- For biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in yogurt and parsley. Drop eight mounds over warm chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and stew bubbles around the edges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Biscuit Stew(3)
Sort By :
Loved this recipe! Been trying to eat less cholesterol and this one has 68gs. Serving size was plenty, though I did use pilsbury pre-made bisuits. I also used all chicken broth instead of the 1/4 cup water. The slight curry taste makes this amazing. Will be doing this again, and recomending this to family.
I use a ToH recipe that is very similar to this one that is done in the crock pot. I have not made this one yet. Was just curious if anyone has used refrigerated or frozen biscuits or made them with bisquick as a "quick fix" rather than making the biscuits from scratch???
We love this recipe. I use all different veggies and everyone raves about the flavor
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >