- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, salt, pepper, ground cumin and ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the carrots, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, water and wine or broth until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in yogurt, peas and seasonings. Transfer to a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; keep warm.
- For biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in yogurt and parsley. Drop eight mounds over warm chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and stew bubbles around the edges. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Biscuit Stew
"I didn't have curry and I swapped out the flour for GF rice flour blend but otherwise the family enjoyed it!"
"Loved this recipe! Been trying to eat less cholesterol and this one has 68gs. Serving size was plenty, though I did use pilsbury pre-made bisuits. I also used all chicken broth instead of the 1/4 cup water. The slight curry taste makes this amazing. Will be doing this again, and recomending this to family."
"I use a ToH recipe that is very similar to this one that is done in the crock pot. I have not made this one yet. Was just curious if anyone has used refrigerated or frozen biscuits or made them with bisquick as a "quick fix" rather than making the biscuits from scratch???"
"We love this recipe. I use all different veggies and everyone raves about the flavor"