- 1-2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme. Pour into an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg; spoon over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Biscuit Potpie
"I made this today and it is excellent. I used California veggies and some corn instead of the mixed veggies and it was delicious. We will be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My husband and I both enjoyed this, although I found it a bit dry for my taste. I think next time I will follow the suggestion of adding 1/4 cup milk or possibly white wine."
"This dish was a hit! Quick, easy and yummy. I had a tube of biscuits that I rolled out to make the top crust since I didn't have any Bisquick on hand and a can of mixed veggies - even easier! Definitely will make again. Comfort food at its' best on this cold night."
"This was easy and good. I added peas, green beans, corn, spinach and Tony Chacherie seasoning. Also topped the Bisquick off with fried onions. It was kind of salty I think due to the soup and Bisquick. I will make it again."
"This stuff is amazing!!! Easy to make and everyone loved it. I added a few things like carrots and onions, and it just made it even better!!!"