Chicken Biscuit Potpie Recipe
"This hearty meal-in-one takes just 10 minutes to assemble before popping it in the oven," says Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. Not only is it easy to prepare, it's easy on your budget at just 54 cents a serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme. Pour into an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg; spoon over chicken mixture.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC