- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the chicken, broccoli and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Separate biscuits; cut each in half. Arrange, cut side down, over hot chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over biscuits. Bake, uncovered, 28-32 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and completely baked. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Biscuit Bake
"Made this for dinner,with some changes. Left out the mayo completely, used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, used from scratch "cream of chicken soup",added a little garlic to the top of the biscuits &used 1/2 the called for cheese. Sharp cheddar has tons of flavor. It seems like a lot, but it cuts out more than half of the fat and eliminates msg & processed stuff. This worked great for my family & they loved it."
"Really enjoyed this casserole. Easy to double for a larger crowd & prep the chicken, broccoli, & onions the night before. Lots of compliments. I substituted yogurt for the sour cream as I often do."
"LOVE this casserole!! SO good ... always receive lots of compliments every time I make it ... Used 1 t. celery salt and 1 t. garlic salt in place of 2 t. celery salt ... also add extra cheese. Y-U-M-M-O!"
"I accidently opened a can of cream of mushroom soup so decided to use it anyway, not bad. Also, had very little sour cream so added a little fat-free half & half with the egg and substituted dried thyme leaves for celery seed. My boyfriend always hates when I make something with "yard bird", but he actually said it was pretty good. I'll be making this again."
"Rmhdesigns.. you don't have to make the recipe if you don't like it. I want to know who appointed you recipe police?"
"First off, I admit I haven't made this recipe. That being said, the nutritional value for this is horrible! Why on earth would you add mayo? How about some more veggies? You pour sour cream on top of the biscuits too? This sounds as bad as drive through fast food with out the convenience. Make a casserole for your family that is actually good for them."
"I will definately do this recipe again. My 15 and 12 year old liked it but my 5 year old wasn't too crazy about the green stuff."
"This recipe was a hit at our church potluck. I added another can of soup to make it creamy and used italian seasoning instead of the celery seed. Great recipe!"
"I have made this several times, and this recipe will now be one of my recipe box favorites. The celery seed adds the distinctive taste. The editor's note in Quick Cooking points out the need to use regular mayo not a light or fat-free. Delicious!"
"Very tasty, though not much filling, it's mostly bread. I used Broccoli-Cheese Soup instead of the Cream of chicken. Also didn't have the ingredients for the topping, but it was good without it."