Chicken Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained, or 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 159 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Bean Soup
"Not much flavor and appearance is not appetizing."