"This easy soup is tasty and nutritious, too," notes Phyllis Shaughnessy of Livonia, New York. "I like to top individual bowls with a few sprigs of fresh parsley. Home-baked rolls- I use frozen bread dough- are an added treat."
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained, or 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Bean Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p52
Reviews for Chicken Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2010
"Not much flavor and appearance is not appetizing."