Chicken Bean Casserole Recipe
"I love to make this hearty casserole with crisp-tender green beans," writes Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "A perfect use for leftover chicken, it makes a satisfying meal."
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 cups cut fresh green or wax beans, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth, milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Add beans and chicken; toss to coat;.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC