- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 cups cut fresh green or wax beans, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth, milk, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Add beans and chicken; toss to coat;.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Bean Casserole
Sort By :
This was great!!!! We had it over mashed potatoes & the whole family LOVED it!!!
Wonderful flavor. We're always on the look out for low-sodium meals so I was eager to try this. Used left over rotisserie chicken and fresh green beans. Didn't add any salt, only used 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce and lower sodium chicken stock. My boyfriend is a big fan of Green Bean Casserole so I added some of those French's Onions on top. Served it over rotini. Really yummy. I was actually surprised it had so much flavor since there aren't any herbs in it. Definitely gonna make it again
I personally didn't like it, but my family ate it up.
We liked it served over white rice. Wonderful with Fresh green beans.
Fantastic taste & served over mashed potatoes.