Chicken Barbecued in Foil Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Place 2 pieces of chicken in the center of each piece of foil; fold up edges to hold sauce. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the chicken and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- 2. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Carefully open packets and turn down foil. Broil chicken for 5 minutes or until browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (14 ounces) equals 418 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Barbecued in Foil
"I made this chicken with two chixken breasts in each packet. It has a good flavor, although I think I'll add a little lest lemon next time. I'll probebly mske it again. It wasn't the best BBQ chicken I've tasted, but it was good, easy and fast. Thanks"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.