Chicken Bagel Melts
Our taste testers loved these scrumptious sandwiches from Shannon Brown, who created the melts to use up leftover chicken. “Deli chicken works well, too, when you don't have rotisserie on hand,” she notes from Omaha, Nebraska.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Asiago cheese bagels, split
- 1/2 pound sliced rotisserie chicken
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chipotle mustard
- Spread mayonnaise over bagel bottoms; layer with chicken, bacon, red
- pepper and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 2-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Spread mustard over bagel tops; place over cheese. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 838 calories, 45 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,332 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.