Our taste testers loved these scrumptious sandwiches from Shannon Brown, who created the melts to use up leftover chicken. “Deli chicken works well, too, when you don't have rotisserie on hand,” she notes from Omaha, Nebraska.
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Asiago cheese bagels, split
- 1/2 pound sliced rotisserie chicken
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chipotle mustard
- Spread mayonnaise over bagel bottoms; layer with chicken, bacon, red pepper and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 2-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread mustard over bagel tops; place over cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bagel Melts in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p50
Reviews for Chicken Bagel Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2016
"OMG his was so easy and so good - fixed it for lunch and didn't make enough of them - everyone wanted seconds - really good and love the using a bagel"