Ginger and orange marmalade give these rumaki-style snacks wonderful flavor. I marinate the wrapped chicken earlier in the day and broil them when guests arrive. —Betty Pierson, Wellington, Florida
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Place bacon on a broiler rack. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until partially cooked; cool.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a chicken cube and water chestnut slice; secure with a toothpick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marmalade, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add wrapped chicken; seal and carefully turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken Bacon Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Bacon Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review