This is the first time I've ever shared this recipe, but it's one that my family and friends request for every outing we have! I like to serve it with crackers or sometimes in pita bread for a filling grab-and-go lunch. —Karlene Johnson, Mooresville, North Carolina
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Avocado Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review