Chicken Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Avocado Salad
Sort By :
Best chicken salad ever. Used Miracle whip instead of mayo. Yummy!!!!
Added raisins instead of grapes - LOVED IT!
Everyone loved this chicken salad. Delicious!!!! I used an oven roasted chicken from the grocery store....it couldn't have been easier.
This was refreshing and delicious. Makes for a light lunch. I used pecans instead of walnuts.
Wonderful recipe with all my favorite flavors! Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >