Chicken Avocado Melt Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, salsa and sliced green onions, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, cumin, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip chicken into egg, then roll in the cornstarch mixture and cornmeal.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until golden brown on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; arrange avocado evenly on top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, salsa and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 565 calories, 41 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Avocado Melt
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.