Greek flavors abound in this tasty and tender chicken dish that's cooked in the slow cooker. Olives, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar combine with chicken for a special treat tonight. Radelle Knappenberger - Oviedo, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a thermometer reads
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 237 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.