Chicken Athena Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Athena
Sort By :
"Always makes the family happy!"
"I added fresh basil and used the following substitutions--Meyer lemon juice (sweeter than regular lemons), Kalamata olives, thin sliced shallots (for onions) and chicken breast tenders--for this recipe, as that's what I had in the fridge. I thought the chicken was a little dry. I'm not wild about the flavor. It's missing something... If I make this recipe again, I will flash-fry/sear/brown the chicken first in olive oil and perhaps add a little smoked paprika or cayenne pepper."
"I love this recipe! Easy and full of flavor."
"I have made this a couple of times now because I do like the overall flavor, however both times, the chicken tenderloins I am using have turned out dry by the time it is served. The taste of the balsamic vinegar in the 'marinade' after a few bites is a bit overwhelming and I love balsamic vinegar. It may be the brand I am using, so this is what I have done to make the taste more palatable, keep the chicken moist and have enough of the marinade to put over a side of rice: Doubled the balsamic and lemon juice, added 1 ounce of water and used just a tad less of the kalamata olives. With a couple of tweaks, this is a dish I really look forward to making!"