- Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and puree soup in batches until smooth. Return to
- the pan. Add the chicken, cream, remaining pepper and reserved
- asparagus tips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Garnish with Parmesan cheese
- if desired. Yield: 10 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.