Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 2/3 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place asparagus in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and garlic in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and butter; heat through. Remove from the heat. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture and asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 497 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Asparagus Pasta
"This was a great recipe. Very good and easy with very little ingredients. A great combination of ingredients. I have made this dish several times and love it every time I make it."
"Yum!! This was a fast and easy recipe that the entire family loved. Will definitely make again."
"This is actually my submitted recipe, but they downsized it for 2 servings. When I make, I use a pound of gemelli pasta, a pound of chicken, the zest and juice of a whole lemon, 2 if "dry", a "bundle" of asparagus, most of a stick of butter and 1/4 cup olive oil (as combining the oil and butter keeps butter from burning), lots of garlic and at least a cup of the fresh shaved parmesan. It really is amazing, especially now with the fresh asparagus, which I roast at 450, not 400 until just done."
"I was skeptical because there was only one review, but I had chicken and asparagus that needed to be cooked and WHOA! It was amazing. Such a simple easy recipe to make, prep time and cooking is 30 mins all together. I personally would have liked to be more saucey. So I headed another tsp of butter (substitute margarine for a lighter healthy version)."
"This was a wonderful pasta! I substituted linguine and added red pepper flakes. I also used a little low sodium chicken broth instead of butter and it came out delicious!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.