We enjoy this dish often in the spring when asparagus is fresh on the market. It’s a favorite with family and friends and a welcome surprise to those who think they don’t like asparagus.
- 2/3 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and garlic in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the lemon juice, peel and butter; heat through. Remove from the heat. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture and asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Asparagus Pasta in Reminisce Extra May 2008, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Asparagus Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review