Chicken Asparagus Divan
You could call cooking my hobby...I love to do it, trying new recipes whenever I get the chance. This is the recipe that gets the most requests.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Onion and celery with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet, place chicken, onion, celery, water to cover and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Drain and discard liquid. Combine chopped onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan
- cheese and soup. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with asparagus, then chicken and
- remaining soup mixture. Bake at 350°, covered, for 25 minutes or
- until heated through. Combine cream and mayonnaise. Spread over
- chicken. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Brown lightly
- under broiler. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 452 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,227 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.