You could call cooking my hobby...I love to do it, trying new recipes whenever I get the chance. This is the recipe that gets the most requests.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Onion and celery with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet, place chicken, onion, celery, water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Drain and discard liquid. Combine chopped onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and soup. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with asparagus, then chicken and remaining soup mixture. Bake at 350°, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through. Combine cream and mayonnaise. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Brown lightly under broiler. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Asparagus Divan in Country Extra May 1992, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Asparagus Divan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review