Chicken Asparagus Bundles
THIS is a dressy way to serve chicken breasts and it is so easy to prepare. I like to present this at a dinner that is a special occasion. It is very impressive.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sweet red pepper rings (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover
- and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the Italian seasoning,
- garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken. Top with
- asparagus; roll up into a bundle. Secure with a pepper ring.
- Brush bundles with oil; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Place in a small greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.