- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Triscuits
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Break two-thirds of the crackers into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken; spread soup over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and mayonnaise; spoon over soup. Crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Asparagus Bake
"I added a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, celery salt, shredded cheese. Yummy !!!!!"
"I will be making this recipe soon. It sounds delicious & easy too. I sure agree with lindym57 about the fat calories, etc.."
"It would be so nice if I could read the reviews without having to read everyone's negative comments about fat, calories, salt content, etc. Unless someone has said that their recipe is low in all these things...please accept the recipe at face value. So few people are aware of the unhealthy side effects of fat free products, for instance, margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. I'll take the fat and calories in butter all day long before I put one bite of margarine in my mouth. Please make nice comments because no one would be putting recipes on this site if they weren't proud of them."
"Can I use rotisserie chicken? This receipe sounds really good. Let me know what you think of subsitute."
"Oh I did use fresh asparagus and rosemary olive oil triscuts too!"
"Just made it and had a few friends try it. I now have to get copies of this recipe to them. Very tasty and will add it to my list of recipes that I would make again."
"Re: chicken asparagus bake. Try this with Garlic Triscuits and cut back on the soup with milk lots of flavor!! Also fresh asparagus is less mushy. Ellen"
"Tried it last night and my husband loved it! Next time I might use 1 can of soup and substitute light s.cream for the other can, for a lighter flavor. My husband re-named it Triscuit Pot Pie!"
"The main problem here is the size of the servings. This is going to serve at least six and maybe eight people. Still it would benefit by lightening up the ingredients as others have suggested. A real possibility but some real work is required to get it healthier."