Chicken Asparagus Bake
Layers of crunchy Triscuits sandwich a chicken and vegetable filling in this down-home casserole shared by Margaret Carlson of Amery, Wisconsin. "A friend served this deliciously different dish for an evening meal and I couldn't resist asking for the recipe," she says.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Triscuits
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Break two-thirds of the crackers into bite-size pieces; place in a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken; spread soup over
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms
- and mayonnaise; spoon over soup. Crush remaining crackers; sprinkle
- over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 779 calories, 45 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,248 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 32 g protein.