Chicken Asparagus Bake Recipe
Layers of crunchy Triscuits sandwich a chicken and vegetable filling in this down-home casserole shared by Margaret Carlson of Amery, Wisconsin. "A friend served this deliciously different dish for an evening meal and I couldn't resist asking for the recipe," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Triscuits
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Break two-thirds of the crackers into bite-size pieces; place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken; spread soup over chicken.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and mayonnaise; spoon over soup. Crush remaining crackers; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 779 calories, 45 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,248 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC