Chicken Artichoke Skillet Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup halved pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon juice; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1057 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.