Chicken Artichoke Skillet Recipe
This quick-to-fix chicken entree featuring artichokes and olives has a real Greek flair. Seasoned with lemon juice and oregano, the stovetop chicken turns out moist and tender. "I like to vary the olives--Greek, green, black or a mixture,"notes Carol Latimore of Arvada, Colorado.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup halved pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon juice; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Artichoke Skillet in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Artichoke Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
"Very easy and really good! Definitely a keeper."