This quick-to-fix chicken entree featuring artichokes and olives has a real Greek flair. Seasoned with lemon juice and oregano, the stovetop chicken turns out moist and tender. "I like to vary the olives--Greek, green, black or a mixture,"notes Carol Latimore of Arvada, Colorado.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup halved pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 4-5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Artichoke Skillet in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Artichoke Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review