This quick-to-fix chicken entree featuring artichokes and olives has a real Greek flair. Seasoned with lemon juice and oregano, the stovetop chicken turns out moist and tender. "I like to vary the olives--Greek, green, black or a mixture,"notes Carol Latimore of Arvada, Colorado.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup halved pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon juice; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Artichoke Skillet in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Artichoke Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
"Very easy and really good! Definitely a keeper."