Chicken Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved chicken.
- Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Artichoke Pasta(12)
Sort By :
This was an excellent recipe! I used spinach fettuccine instead of regular flour. It was very light. Tasted better the next day. Next time I will be adding more broccoli and tomatoes, and trying the white wine instead of adding the additional broth. I almost want to omit the chicken and substitute it for some crumbled italian sausage. I highly recommend this.
Excellent! I increased the liquid slightly and increased the broccoli. I used frozen broccoli which was ok but the fresh would have been so much better. I also added a few tbsp of chopped capers. Yum.
I love it when people list the changes they made. This gives me ideas. I HATE it when people review a recipe just to say they are PLANNING to try it or that they won't try it. Please don't do that.
I doubled the liquids and used corn starch over flour, but it was really good. Definitly a great weekday recipe.
Our whole family loves this recipe. Even the grandchildren. They are the hardest to please and all of them loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >