Chicken Artichoke Casserole Recipe
This creamy chicken dish is so easy to prepare that it's perfect for serving to guests for lunch or supper.—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts or 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken and artichokes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter; stir in flour and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted; spoon over chicken.
- 3. Combine the bread crumbs, savory and thyme; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC