- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise. Stir in chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, pimientos and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, 55-65 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Artichoke Bake
"The entire family rated this a 5-star keeper! I read over the comments and the make-over recipe before starting. Here are my changes:1 can chicken soup instead of 2 cans cr of celery.1 1/3 c chicken brothI bunch gereen onions chopped instead of regular onion.3/4 c parmesan cheese in casserole and 1/4 for topping.1/2 pkg fresh baby spinach leaves loosely choppedInstead of pimiento, used 1 4 oz can diced green chilesinstead of bread cubes or crumbs, Used 1 cup of tortilla chip crumbs in the last 15 minutes of cooking.I also used a brown rice and wild rice mix instead of the white rice mix.the casserole was nice and creamy and the chips and cheese on top gave it a nice little crunch."
"There was not one morsel of this left over!!! My family loved it!!! The only thing I did not have was the water chestnuts."
"This is one of our favorites -- everything goes together so well. I use bread crumbs instead of cubes, and prepare them as directed (I think with water). Make sure to not over cook it, other wise it can be a little dry. I like the suggestions for parmesean cheese and I might try to add a little bit of chicken broth. Overall -- excellent!"
"I dont understand how this got a heart healthy?! its not!"
"We absolutely loved it. Liked the combination of everything in it."