Chicken Apricot Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, ginger and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 serving.
1-1/4 cups equals 364 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.