Chicken Apricot Preserves
On busy days, I need a no fuss supper like my apricot chicken. Often I make the sauce ahead of time and use precooked chicken.Tanya McKay, Wells, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat
- for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the
- jam, salad dressing and soup mix; pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches
- 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.