Chicken Apricot Preserves Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the jam, salad dressing and soup mix; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 264 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Apricot Preserves
"Great recipe - especially for a busy weeknight or weekend. I was super busy the day I made it, so I threw it all into the crockpot and cooked it a little over four hours on the low setting. I added an onion and green bell pepper cut into chunks, about 1/2 cup extra dressing and preserves and the whole packet of onion soup mix. This would be great served over rice with a side of steamed broccoli. I think kids would love it too! As a Taste of Home Field Editor, I recommend trying this!"
"easy to make"
"my family favorite!"
"I cut it down and made it for two. I also used the Kraft free Catalina dressing and did it in the slow cooker. It was very good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.