"Fast foods" are a specialty of mine because I always seem to have drop-in guests. These unique sandwiches can be put together at a moment's notice and taste delicious!—Tobi Breternitz, Bay Port, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 croissants or hard rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spoon about 1/2 cup
- onto each croissant; top with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now