Chicken Angelo Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. Place half the mushrooms in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. Place egg substitute and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs.
- 3. In large skillet, brown both sides of chicken in butter; place chicken on top of mushrooms. Arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken; top with cheese. Add chicken broth to pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken with hot cooked rice or noodles. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (without noodles) equals 6 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 469 calories, 563 mg sodium, 98 mg cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, 45 gm protein, 21 gm fat.
Reviews for Chicken Angelo
"Very easy chicken dish. The chicken itself is a little bland, could use some fresh herbs for flavoring."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.