Chicken and Wild Rice Bake Recipe
This recipe is a great example of Midwest food! Its ingredients, including the wild rice, can all be found in Minnesota. The dish is good for larger groups since the cook doesn't need to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Wash rice; place in a saucepan with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, rice, chicken, pimientos, broth and cream. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving: 347 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Wild Rice Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC