- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning. Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute spinach in remaining oil just until wilted. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken and Veggies
"This was wonderful! My family just loved it. The flavors were great and very eye appealing. The only change was I added sauteed onion with the garlic. Definitely a keeper - thanks!"
"Fast, easy, healthy, satisfying. The only thing I did that this recipe didn't call for was to do a light spraying of pam on the chicken pieces before seasoning and rolling in the bread crumbs. It seemed to help everything stick and stay on the chicken throughout the cooking process. I didn't use much..."
"Basic chicken cutlet, but I loved the spinach and tomato on top. Great flavor and added something extra and healthy to a basic meal."
"Simple and tastes great."