Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Try this satisfying stew with tender chicken and veggies in a creamy gravy. There are only a handful of ingredients, but it still delivers that old-fashioned flavor. Serve it with the grilled cheese, or with fresh from the oven biscuits.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6
- minutes or until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free gravy) equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.