Try this satisfying stew with tender chicken and veggies in a creamy gravy. There are only a handful of ingredients, but it still delivers that old-fashioned flavor. Serve it with the grilled cheese, or with fresh from the oven biscuits.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stew in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review