- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Sort By :
"Like the magazine this recipe came from, it is 'Simple and Delicious'. I add 3/4 cup of frozen corn for more color, but otherwise follow the recipe exactly. In our house it only serves the 2 of us, so I usually triple the recipe if we are having guests. It always gets rave reviews."