- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic and onions in butter and oil until onions are tender. Add chicken, salt if desired and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add tomatoes, lemon juice and sugar; heat through.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add parsley. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Tomato Scampi in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken and Tomato Scampi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review