Chicken and Stuffing Pie Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) herb seasoning stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 ounces sliced Colby or American cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients; press into a greased 10-in. pie plate and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and mushroom liquid until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat through; pour into stuffing crust.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange in a lattice design on pie. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 569 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 2654mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Chicken and Stuffing Pie
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.