- 1 package (8 ounces) herb seasoning stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 ounces sliced Colby or American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients; press into a greased 10-in. pie plate and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and mushroom liquid until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat through; pour into stuffing crust.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange in a lattice design on pie. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Stuffing Pie in Country Woman January/February 1988, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Stuffing Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review