This is a wonderful recipe to have on hand when turkey and chicken leftovers begin to crowd your refrigerator...during the holiday season or at any other time. Thanks to the stuffing crust, this pie's easy to make, and it's pretty to serve with its colorful meat and vegetable filling.
- 1 package (8 ounces) herb seasoning stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 ounces sliced Colby or American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients; press into a greased 10-in. pie plate and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and mushroom liquid until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat through; pour into stuffing crust.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Cut cheese slices into strips; arrange in a lattice design on pie. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Stuffing Pie in Country Woman January/February 1988, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Stuffing Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review