I lightened up a recipe that I found in a cookbook, and these grilled kabobs were the tasty result. The scrumptious peanut butter dipping sauce is always a hit. —Hannah Barringer of Loudon, Tennessee
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2-1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and chicken. Place in a large shallow dish; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the parsley, wine , lemon juice and lime juice. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill skewers, covered, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7 to 8 minutes, turning often. Brush with 1/4 cup sauce during the last minute of grilling. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Shrimp Satay in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken and Shrimp Satay
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review