Chicken and Shells Dinner Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Prepare dinner mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir the chicken, peas, mayonnaise and sauteed onion into dinner mix.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 577 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Shells Dinner
"Made this last night and it was a winner! I am always looking for simple and tasty weeknight meals and this one fits the bill perfectly. The addition of chicken, peas and breadcrumbs make this a more grown up and delicious version of mac and cheese."
"Great recipe for a simple and easy weeknight dinner. I used a precooked rotisserie chicken for an even quicker shortcut and extra flavor."
"Quick and easy to make and the whole family loved it."
"This is a perfect comfort food dish. Creamy and delicious!"
"Very easy to make - perfect when you need to get dinner on quickly. I substituted asparagus for the peas. It worked well to cook the asparagus with the onion prior to combining all ingredients."
"I made this for my husband and he really liked it and I did also"