Chicken and Shells Dinner
Like most kids, mine love macaroni and cheese. The addition of chicken and peas makes this a meal-in-one they never refuse.—LeeAnn McCue, Charlotte, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare dinner mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Stir the chicken, peas, mayonnaise and sauteed onion into dinner
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter;
- toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 577 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.