- 1 package (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Prepare dinner mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir the chicken, peas, mayonnaise and sauteed onion into dinner mix.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Shells Dinner
Sort By :
This is a perfect comfort food dish. Creamy and delicious!
Very easy to make - perfect when you need to get dinner on quickly. I substituted asparagus for the peas. It worked well to cook the asparagus with the onion prior to combining all ingredients.
I made this for my husband and he really liked it and I did also