Chicken and Sausage Penne Recipe
Gather the clan for a comfy-cozy dinner filled with two types of meat and a garlic-cream sauce. It’s versatile, too. Sub in whatever cream soup and cheese you have on hand. —Sandra Perrin, Youngsville, Louisiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 pound smoked Polish sausage or fully cooked bratwurst links, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Parmesan Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the chicken, sausage, onion and red and green peppers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, soup, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Serve desired amount immediately. Cool remaining mixture; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen pasta: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a large skillet; cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC