Crunched for time? Consider this fast-to-fix chicken and rice bake from Doris Barb of El Dorado, Kansas. After popping it in the oven, you can toss together a salad and have dinner on the table in no time.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine rice and water. In a large bowl, combine the soups, soup mix and peas; stir into rice mixture. Spread over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p33
Reviews for Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review