Chicken and Rice Soup Mix Recipe
The recipient of this gift will have one hearty bowl of soup, that will chase away the chills on a blustery winter's day. Suggest they have it with a salad or roll for a satisfying meal.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 tablespoons.
- 2. To prepare soup: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place soup mix. Pour boiling water over mix; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup equals 196 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC