Chicken and Rice Soup Mix Recipe
The recipient of this gift will have one hearty bowl of soup, that will chase away the chills on a blustery winter's day. Suggest they have it with a salad or roll for a satisfying meal.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 2 tablespoons uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 tablespoons.
- 2. To prepare soup: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place soup mix. Pour boiling water over mix; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 196 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken and Rice Soup Mix
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2012
"toomuch sodium in one cup of soup"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC